Tomatoes on toast with mozzarella
- August 2014
- Serves 2 (or 4 as a starter)
- Hands-on time 10 minutes
This simple tomato recipe is quick to make and tastes amazing with fresh, in-season tomatoes.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 16.1g (5.8g saturated)
- 17.5g (5.2g sugars)
- 600g mixed cherry tomatoes
- Splash of moscatel or red wine vinegar
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 large or 4 small slices of good quality ciabatta or sourdough bread
- 1 garlic clove
- Bunch of fresh basil leaves
- 125g buffalo mozzarella ball
- Roughly chop the mixed cherry tomatoes, then put them in a bowl. Toss through the moscatel or red wine vinegar, a couple of generous glugs of extra-virgin olive oil and a good amount of seasoning. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toast the ciabatta or sourdough bread until golden. Halve the garlic clove, then rub all over one side of the toasts.
- Taste the tomatoes and add more seasoning or vinegar if needed, then tear a bunch of fresh basil leaves and toss through. Spoon the tomatoes over the toasts, letting the juices soak in.
- Tear the buffalo mozzarella ball and add to the plates. Drizzle with a little more extra-virgin olive oil, add a grind of black pepper, then serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...