Mozzarella bruschetta with rocket drizzle
- May 2011
- Serves 4
- Hands on time 15 mins
Quick, easy and delicious. This makes a speedy starter but could equally do for a simple lunch.
- 29.2g (14.2g saturated)
- 26.7g (2g sugars)
- 1 small olive ciabatta loaf, cut into 12 x 1cm thick slices
- 1 small garlic clove
- 25g rocket leaves
- 1 tbsp toasted flaked almonds
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 375g buffalo mozzarella, roughly torn
- Toast the ciabatta slices lightly under a medium grill or in a griddle for 2 minutes on each side until nicely browned.
- Meanwhile, whizz the garlic, rocket, almonds and chilli using a hand-held blender or in a mini food processor to form a coarse paste. Add the olive oil and lemon juice, then whizz again, adding enough water to make a pourable dressing. Season to taste with salt and plenty of freshly ground black pepper.
- Arrange the mozzarella on top of the toasts, drizzle over the rocket dressing, then serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Italian starter recipes
Lemon ricotta bruschetta with Tenderstem and heirloom tomatoes
Need a quick, seasonal starter to a spring meal or an easy springtime lunch? These...