- September 2012
- Serves 6
- Takes 20 minutes to make, 1-2 hours to cook
This ragù recipe is great with pasta, but you can use it as a base for chilli con carne or make it in to cottage pie. It’s also a cinch to transform it into lasagne or moussaka.
- Dairy-free recipes
- Gluten-free recipes
- 23.2g (8.7g saturated)
- 8.5g (7.6g sugars)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 onions, finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 500g beef mince
- 300g pork mince
- 3 tbsp tomato purée
- 2 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes
- 1 glass red wine (about 175ml)
- 150ml whole milk
- A few fresh oregano sprigs, leaves stripped
- Heat the oil in a large pan and gently fry the onions for 10 minutes until soft. Add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes more.
- Add the minced beef and pork, increase the heat and brown all over, then add the remaining ingredients. Season well, then simmer for 1-2 hours, adding a splash of water (or stock) if the ragù starts to get too dry. Serve with spaghetti and grated parmesan.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Asian pork ragù with fragrant rice
This freezable pork ragù recipe is similar to a laap (or larb) recipe from Laos;...
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...