Vegetable and butter bean crumble
- November 2009
- Serves 4
- Takes 10 minutes to make and 20 minutes to cook
This easy vegetable crumble recipe is quick to prepare if you have vegetarian guests for dinner.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 75g butter, chilled and diced
- 175g plain flour
- 50g Cheddar (or vegetarian alternative), grated
- 2 x 250g packs prepared vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower and carrots)
- 500g jar tomato and herb sauce
- 420g can butter beans in water, drained and rinsed
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6.
- Rub the butter into the plain flour until crumbs form. Stir in the grated Cheddar, season and set aside.
- Remove the carrots from the packs of prepared vegetables, roughly chop and boil for 2 minutes. Add the broccoli and cauliflower and cook for another minute, then drain.
- Meanwhile, heat the tomato and herb sauce in a large saucepan until bubbling. Stir in the drained butter beans and blanched vegetables. Tip into a 1.75-litre ovenproof dish and scatter over the crumble.
- Bake for 20 minutes until golden and bubbling. Serve with a winter leaf salad, if you like.
Try adding chopped nuts to the topping for extra crunch.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Recipes with tinned beans
One-pot pancetta stew with butter beans and chorizo
Simmer chorizo, butter beans and pancetta in a chipotle-spiced tomato sauce to make this hearty...