Vegetable gyoza dumpling stir-fry
- May 2019
- Serves 1
- Hands-on time 15 min
Meet your new weekday staple: frozen Japanese gyoza dumplings. Cooked straight from the freezer, they make a brilliant shortcut supper for one.
Or learn how to make gyoza from scratch with these cashew and smoked tofu potsticker gyoza.
- Dairy-free recipes
- Vegan recipes
- Vegetarian recipes
- 23.5g (3.6g saturated)
- 34.4g (14.2g sugars)
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 5 frozen vegetable gyoza (see tip)
- ½ carrot, peeled into ribbons
- ½ courgette, peeled into ribbons
- 100g sugar snap peas, halved
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp soy sauce, plus extra for drizzling
- ¼ tsp nigella seeds
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 25g roasted salted peanuts, crushed or chopped
- Heat the vegetable oil in a non-stick pan over a medium heat. Add the frozen gyoza and cook for 8-10 minutes, turning, until crisp and cooked through. Transfer to a plate and keep warm.
- Put the carrot, courgette and sugar snaps in the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes until starting to soften. Toss with the sesame oil, 1 tsp soy sauce and the nigella seeds, then remove the pan from the heat.
- Transfer the veg to a serving bowl, top with the gyoza, then sprinkle over the spring onions and peanuts. Serve drizzled with extra soy sauce, if you like.
We used Itsu Vegetable Fusion Gyoza from Tesco, Morrisons, Waitrose and Ocado (in the frozen section).
Rate & review