Waldorf potato salad
- May 2011
- for 12 people as part of a buffet
- Takes 15 minutes to make, 15 minutes to cook
The traditional Waldorf salad recipe is usually a mixture of apples, celery and walnuts but the addition of potatoes here makes for a more substantial dish. It makes an ideal buffet or picnic dish.
- 27.4g (5.7g saturated)
- 6.3g (6.1g sugar)
- 2kg small or baby new potatoes, halved if large
- Juice of 2 lemons and zest of 1
- 180ml olive oil
- 120ml crème fraîche
- 4 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 3 green apples, cored and finely sliced
- 5 celery sticks, chopped
- 200g walnut pieces, toasted
- Large bunch of watercress, leaves picked
- Put the potatoes in a large pan of cold salted water, bring to the boil, then simmer for 10-15 minutes until tender. Drain, then tip the potatoes into a large salad bowl to cool a little.
- Meanwhile, whisk the lemon juice and zest with the olive oil, crème fraîche and mustard. Season to taste, then toss with the warm potatoes.
- Add the remaining ingredients, toss again, then serve immediately while still a little warm.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter