Stilton, walnut and chicory salad
- May 2005
- Serves 4
- Ready in 20 minutes
Salads don’t have to be limp leaves of lettuce with forlorn slices of tomato and cucumber, you know. This stilton, walnut and chicory salad is exciting and tasty.
- 27g fat (7.6g saturated)
- 2.4g carbs (1.8g sugars)
- 60g Stilton, at room temperature, crumbled
- 2 tbsp crème fraîche
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 chicory heads
- 2 celery sticks
- 180g bag mixed salad leaves
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 60g walnut halves, broken into
- large pieces
- In a small bowl, beat 15g Stilton with the crème fraîche and lemon juice until smooth, and season to taste. Set aside.
- Rinse the chicory and pat dry. Slice each lengthways into eighths and put in a large salad bowl. Chop the celery into 2mm slices, reserving the tops to garnish. Add to the bowl.
- Wash the salad leaves and dry thoroughly. Add to the bowl. Toss in the oil, walnuts and remaining cheese and divide between 4 large plates. Spoon over the Stilton dressing and serve. Garnish with the celery tops.
Stilton is the traditional creamy blue cheese made in Nottinghamshire, Derbyshire and Leicestershire. The rind of a good Stilton should have the aroma of a cellar’s stone walls.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Grape, Parma ham, blue cheese and walnut salad
Grapes, parma ham, blue cheese and walnuts create a simple summer salad recipe that works...