Warm Nutella puddings with chocolate caramel
- February 2018
- Makes 6
- Hands-on time 25 min, oven time 20-25 min
This is the easiest pud in the world! Add the warm chocolate caramel for extra indulgence but if you’re short of time, serve with a store-bought caramel or chocolate sauce.
Recipe from My Kind of Food by Valli Little (ABC Books), published in Australia.
Per pudding: 499kcals, 30.2g fat (8.5g saturated), 12.3g protein, 43.2g carbs (42.6g sugars), 0.3g salt, 2.2g fibre
Per sauce serving: 428kcals, 34.1g fat (21.3g saturated), 1.6g protein, 28.2g carbs (28g sugars), trace salt, 0.7g fibre
- 6 medium free-range eggs, separated
- 450g Nutella or other chocolate-hazelnut spread
- Whipped cream to serve
For the chocolate caramel sauce
- 125ml extra-thick double cream, plus extra to serve
- 125g honey
- 125g good-quality dark chocolate, (at least 70%), chopped
- 125g unsalted butter, plus extra for greasing
You’ll also need…
- 6 x 175ml ramekins, greased
- Heat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas 4. For the sauce, pour the cream into a small pan over a low heat and warm slightly. Put the honey in a separate heavy-based saucepan and heat for 2-3 minutes over a medium heat until slightly caramelised. Remove from the heat and whisk in the warm cream. Return to the heat, add the chocolate and stir gently for a further minute until the chocolate has melted. Add the butter a little at a time, whisking. Keep warm.
- Put the egg whites and a pinch of salt in a clean, dry bowl and whisk using an electric hand mixer until stiff peaks form (they won’t fall over when you remove the beaters).
- Put the egg yolks and Nutella in another clean bowl and whisk with an electric hand mixer until smooth. Using a large metal spoon, add one third of the egg white and fold in to lighten. Carefully fold in the rest.
- Fill the ramekins to the top with the mixture. Put on a baking tray and bake for 20-25 minutes. The puddings will deflate slightly once they come out of the oven so serve immediately, drizzled with the warm chocolate caramel and topped with a dollop of whipped cream.
Recipe adapted from My Kind of Food by Valli Little (ABC books).
Watch our handy video to see how these glorious puds are made!
Make the sauce up to 48 hours ahead, cover and chill. Warm gently to serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Possibly the quickest, easiest chocolate mousse recipe you’ll ever make. There are many hazelnut spreads...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...