Chicory and watercress salad
- October 2004
- Serves 8
- Ready in 10 minutes
Chicory (also known as endive or witloof) is a wonderful accompaniment to richer foods, such as creamy blue cheese. This simple, fresh salad showcases chicory at its best.
- Dairy-free recipes
- Gluten-free recipes
- Vegan recipes
- Vegetarian recipes
- 8.8g (1.2g saturated)
- 2g (1.4g sugar)
- 2 chicory, leaves separated and washed
- 4 Little Gem lettuce, leaves separated and washed
- Handful watercress, washed
- 1 bunch red spring onions, finely sliced
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh orange juice
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- Mix the salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk the olive oil, orange juice and mustard, then season.
- Divide the salad between 8 bowls and drizzle the dressing over. Delicious served with or after cassoulet.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
French chicory and apple salad
This classic French recipe for chicory and apple paired with blue cheese and walnuts, makes...
Pear and chicory salad with walnuts and blue cheese
Blue cheese contrasts well with sweet peers and the bitter crunch of chicory.
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...