Chicory and watercress salad
- October 2004
- Serves 8
- Ready in 10 minutes
Chicory (also known as endive or witloof) is a wonderful accompaniment to richer foods, such as creamy blue cheese. This simple, fresh salad showcases chicory at its best.
- Dairy-free recipes
- Gluten-free recipes
- Vegan recipes
- Vegetarian recipes
- 8.8g (1.2g saturated)
- 2g (1.4g sugar)
- 2 chicory, leaves separated and washed
- 4 Little Gem lettuce, leaves separated and washed
- Handful watercress, washed
- 1 bunch red spring onions, finely sliced
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh orange juice
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- Mix the salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk the olive oil, orange juice and mustard, then season.
- Divide the salad between 8 bowls and drizzle the dressing over. Delicious served with or after cassoulet.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
This five-spice coleslaw is a quick and easy vegetarian side-dish perfect for any summer party.
Curried celeriac, red cabbage, pear and walnut coleslaw
”Crunchy, soft, sweet and subtly spiced, this coleslaw recipe delivers layers of texture and flavour....