Whole sea bass with mango salsa
- June 2022
- Serves 2
Debora Robertson’s whole sea bass with mango salsa recipe makes a speedy and impressive dinner for two. Serve with salad and potatoes.
For an all-in-one fish dish, try our sea bass traybake with peppers, cherry tomatoes and pine nuts.
- Dairy-free recipes
- Gluten-free recipes
- 37.8g (7.8g saturated)
- 21.5g (19.2g sugars)
For the fish
- 2 whole sea bass, about 350g each, scaled and gutted
- 1 tbsp olive oil, plus extra to grease (optional)
- ½ lime, very finely sliced
- Coriander stalks (about 10g)
For the salsa
- 1 ripe mango, peeled and diced
- 1 small red onion (about 70g), finely diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- Juice 1½ limes, plus lime wedges to serve
- Bunch coriander (about 35g), leaves and fine stalks roughly chopped
- 10 mint leaves, roughly chopped
- Good pinch chilli flakes
- To prep the fish, use a sharp knife to make make 3-4 deep slashes in the skin, almost to the bone, on both sides. This will help the fish cook evenly. Line a roasting tin with baking paper, if using, and brush the paper with a little olive oil. Put the fish in the tin and brush them all over with 1 tbsp olive oil, including inside the cavities, then season all over with salt and pepper. Put the lime slices and coriander stalks inside the cavities. Heat the oven to 200°C fan/gas 7.
- Mix all the salsa ingredients together and season them well with salt and pepper. Let the salsa sit for the flavours to develop while you cook the fish.
- Bake the sea bass for 18-20 minutes – the skin should be a bit blistered and the flesh underneath should be just opaque. Cooking time will depend on the size of the fish, so check early and check often.
- Serve with the salsa, lime wedges and perhaps a green salad and/or some kind of potatoes: small, steamed or boiled potatoes, little roast potatoes – or, of course, chips would be wonderful.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Sea bass recipes
Grilled sea bass with fresh rosemary and parsley pesto
A grilled sea bass recipe with fresh rosemary and parsley pesto is a lovely, quick...
Jersey royal new potato recipes
Garlic and sage smashed jersey royals with pan-fried sea bass
Pan-fried sea bass is a perfect match for these golden potatoes, drizzled with a salty...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...