Sea bass ceviche with avocado
- February 2018
- Serves 2
- Hands-on time 20 min
This sea bass ceviche recipe makes an elegant summery starter than will impress your guests but only takes 20 minutes to make.
Want more starter recipe ideas? These our very best starters designed to impress.
- Dairy-free recipes
- Gluten-free recipes
- 40.3g (8.1g saturated)
- 6.1g (6.1g sugars)
- 1 extra-large ripe avocado
- Juice 3 limes
- Handful fresh coriander, chopped
- Juice 1 lemon
- 2 fresh sustainable sea bass fillets
- 1 red chilli, finely sliced
- ½ cucumber, finely diced
- ½ punnet cress, snipped
- 2 tbsp pomegranate seeds
- Extra-virgin olive oil to drizzle
- Whizz the avocado in the small bowl of a food processor with the juice of 1 lime, half the coriander and a pinch of salt and pepper (or mash the avocado in a bowl, then stir in the other ingredients, finely chopping the coriander first).
- Put the remaining lime juice and the lemon juice in a non-reactive (glass or ceramic) bowl. Season the fish with salt, then slice as thinly as you can using a sharp knife and add to the citrus juice. Leave for 10-15 minutes until the flesh is opaque.
- Spread the avocado mixture evenly onto 2 serving plates, then top with slices of fish. Scatter with the sliced chilli, red onion, cucumber, cress and pomegranate seeds, then finish with a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil and freshly ground black pepper. Serve immediately.
Buy the freshest fish you can (tell your fishmonger what you’re using it for) and eat on the same day.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Easy dinner party mains
Whole sea bass with purple sprouting broccoli, chilli and garlic
Whole sea bass makes an impressive dinner party main – this simple recipe uses only...