Wild mushroom and garlic rice
- November 2008
- 40g butter
- 4 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 500g mixed wild mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 2 x 250g packs cooked long grain rice (look for Tilda, Veetee Dine in, Uncle Ben’s or a supermarket own brand)
- 3-4 tbsp soft cream cheese or goat’s cheese
- Bunch each of fresh chives and flatleaf parsley leaves, roughly chopped
- Heat the butter in a frying pan over the fire or a medium heat. When melted, sizzle the garlic for 1-2 minutes, then add the mushrooms and season. Cook for 3-4 minutes, until the mushrooms begin to wilt.
- Stir the rice into the pan and cook for 5 minutes, stirring, until the rice is hot. Leave undisturbed for 8-10 minutes so that it forms a golden crust on the bottom.
- Break up the mixture and stir through the soft cheese and herbs. The cheese will only take a moment to melt, then serve.
Though designed for reheating in a microwave, pouches of cooked rice are also pretty good warmed up in a frying pan.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...