Wild mushroom and garlic rice
- November 2008
- Serves 4
- Ready in 25 minutes
This wild mushroom and garlic rice recipe is ideal for outdoor eating.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 13.1g (7.6g saturated)
- 40.3g (0.6g sugar)
- 0.3g salt
- 40g butter
- 4 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 500g mixed wild mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 2 x 250g packs cooked long grain rice (look for Tilda, Veetee Dine in, Uncle Ben’s or a supermarket own brand)
- 3-4 tbsp soft cream cheese or goat’s cheese
- Bunch each of fresh chives and flatleaf parsley leaves, roughly chopped
- Heat the butter in a frying pan over the fire or a medium heat. When melted, sizzle the garlic for 1-2 minutes, then add the mushrooms and season. Cook for 3-4 minutes, until the mushrooms begin to wilt.
- Stir the rice into the pan and cook for 5 minutes, stirring, until the rice is hot. Leave undisturbed for 8-10 minutes so that it forms a golden crust on the bottom.
- Break up the mixture and stir through the soft cheese and herbs. The cheese will only take a moment to melt, then serve.
Though designed for reheating in a microwave, pouches of cooked rice are also pretty good warmed up in a frying pan.
Rate & review