- 225g couscous
- 4-5 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 225g fresh or frozen broad beans
- 225g fresh or frozen peas
- 4 plum tomatoes, deseeded and finely chopped
- 4 tbsp chopped fresh mint
- 150g vegetarian feta, such as Cypressa feta or Futura organic feta, crumbled
- Put the couscous into a large bowl and gradually stir in 300ml of warm water until it is all absorbed. Leave to stand for 10-15 minutes until the grains are tender and plump. Stir in 1 tablespoon of olive oil and rub the grains between your fingers to break up any lumps.
- Cook the broad beans and peas in boiling salted water for 4-5 minutes until just tender. Refresh under cold running water. Drain well. Remove the tough outer white skin from the broad beans.
- Stir the beans and peas into the couscous. Stir in the tomatoes and mint. Season the remaining olive oil well and pour over the couscous, using a fork to distribute it. Stir in the feta. Spoon into bowls or on to a platter and serve.
- Some gently sweet flavours would go well here, so opt for a ripe, peachy, unoaked Chardonnay.