- 40g butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 200g risotto rice
- 100ml white wine
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 750ml-1 litre hot vegetable stock
- 100g frozen peas
- 50g bag wild rocket leaves
- 25g Parmesan, grated, plus shavings to serve
- 2 fresh salmon fillets
- Melt half the butter in a medium pan. Add the onion and cook over a medium heat for 5 minutes. Stir in the rice and cook for 1 minute then add the wine and lemon zest. Bubble, stirring, until the wine has evaporated.
- Add a ladleful of hot stock and cook, stirring occasionally, until it has been absorbed. Continue to add stock, a ladleful at a time, until the rice is just tender – about 20 minutes. Add the peas with the last ladlefuls. Before serving, stir in the remaining butter, most of the rocket and the grated Parmesan. Season.
- Meanwhile, heat a non-stick frying pan and cook the salmon for 2-3 minutes on each side. Spoon the risotto into 2 bowls, top with the salmon and season. Garnish with the remaining rocket and Parmesan shavings.
- Stirring butter and Parmesan into the risotto before serving gives it a creamy texture that complements the lemon.
- Serve a good white Burgundy with this elegant dish – Chablis, for example.