Our top 10 chocolate recipes of all time
They’ve fought battles, stood the test of time, and melted our hearts. Out of hundreds of chocolate recipes on this site, these are our top 10 chocolate recipes of all time. Which will you make first?
For those times when simplicity says it all. This is an easy and foolproof (honest) basic chocolate cake recipe. You could fill it with whipped cream and jam instead of chocolate icing.
4. You’ll need fresh raspberries for this silky chocolate and raspberry tart. This tart is very rich, so a little will go a long way. Serve with some more fresh raspberries on the side and a little extra cream if you can’t resist.
5. Looking for a retro pudding? Or a pudding that reminds you of school (although why on earth would you…?). This chocolate sponge with chocolate custard could be what you’re dreaming of.
6. Maybe you’ve tried carrot cake or even parsnip cake. So, how about mixing beetroot-with-chocolate cake? It’s a surprising marriage, but works an absolute treat in this chocolate beetroot cake
7. It’s decadent, it’s extravagant, and it had to make our list. This Baileys and chocolate cheesecake is actually best made the day before serving. So not only is it a luxurious choice, it’s also a practical choice for a dinner party. (We’ll make any excuse.)
8. Perhaps the ultimate lazy chocolate pud – a self-saucing chocolate pudding that you make in the microwave. Full of vanilla and soft brown sugar…
9. It’s dense. It’s fudgy. It’s chocolate mud cake. Dark chocolate, vanilla and soured cream work brilliantly together to make this a wonderfully moist and satisfying cake.
10. It wouldn’t be a top 10 list without a recipe from James Martin. Light as air, this chocolate mousse is made with just three ingredients – dark chocolate, eggs and sugar. A perfect end to a dinner party. Bonus point for being make-ahead, too.