- January 2009
- 50g ground almonds
- 300ml sunflower oil
- 200ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 large free-range egg yolks
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Preheat the oven to 190C/fan 170C/gas 5. Scatter the almonds onto a non-stick baking sheet and roast until golden. Leave to cool.
- Mix the oils in a jug. Place the egg yolks, garlic and a squeeze of lemon juice in a large bowl. Beat with an electric whisk while slowly adding the oil, until smooth and very thick.
- If it is too thick, whisk in a splash of boiling water from the kettle to make a slightly looser and very shiny mayonnaise. Stir in the almonds, then adjust the flavour with lemon juice and salt. Serve at room temperature, but chill until needed.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Cumin-roasted winter veg with lemon butter
Winter vegetables make a wonderful side dish for a roast. Serve this easy recipe alongside...