- January 2009
- Serves 6-8
- Ready in 15 min
This almond aïoli is a stunning accompaniment to roast turkey, and a good alternative to bread sauce for Christmas Day.
- 50.4g (6.6g saturated)
- 0.7g (0.4g sugars)
- 50g ground almonds
- 300ml sunflower oil
- 200ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 large free-range egg yolks
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Preheat the oven to 190C/fan 170C/gas 5. Scatter the almonds onto a non-stick baking sheet and roast until golden. Leave to cool.
- Mix the oils in a jug. Place the egg yolks, garlic and a squeeze of lemon juice in a large bowl. Beat with an electric whisk while slowly adding the oil, until smooth and very thick.
- If it is too thick, whisk in a splash of boiling water from the kettle to make a slightly looser and very shiny mayonnaise. Stir in the almonds, then adjust the flavour with lemon juice and salt. Serve at room temperature, but chill until needed.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Maple and mustard sausages wrapped in pancetta
Sweet, sticky and incredibly moreish pigs in blankets… It isn’t a proper Christmas roast without...
Sprouts with citrus and herb butter
Shake up your sprouts this Christmas with this citrus and herb butter made with the...