- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 15 min
Just five easy-to-find ingredients are required for this stunning panzanella salad. With soft artichokes, crispy croutons and crunchy almonds in every bite, this hearty dish delivers on flavour and texture.
If you like the sound of this, you’ll love our grilled peach panzanella with toasted almonds and burrata.
- Dairy-free recipes
- Vegan recipes
- Vegetarian recipes
- 32.5g (3.5g saturated)
- 34.5g (3.8g sugars)
- 100g blanched almonds
- 270g loaf olive ciabatta, torn into chunky pieces (see tip)
- 2 x 175g packs chargrilled marinated globe artichokes in oil
- 100g fresh flatleaf parsley, roughly chopped
- Finely grated zest and juice ½ lemon
- Olive oil for frying
- Heat a dry frying pan over a medium heat. Add the almonds and toast for 4-5 minutes until fragrant and lightly coloured (take care not to burn them). Transfer to a chopping board and roughly chop, then set aside in a mixing bowl.
- Add a glug of olive oil to the pan and add the pieces of bread with a pinch of sea salt flakes. Cook for a few minutes until lightly coloured and beginning to crisp, then add to the mixing bowl with the almonds.
- Drain the artichokes, reserving the oil, and add them to the pan. Fry for 2-3 minutes until lightly coloured and warmed through. Add to the bowl with the fried bread pieces and almonds, then toss with the parsley, lemon zest and 2 tbsp reserved oil from the artichokes. Season, then divide among 4 plates, sprinkle over the lemon juice and serve.
Swap the artichokes for halved cherry tomatoes, and the almonds for any nuts you may have to hand.
This salad is best made with bread that’s a few days old, so it’s a great way to use up any leftovers.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Winter panzanella with chilli, broccoli and anchovies
Inspired by delicious. Produce Award winner Richard Bertinet, of Bertinet Bakery, this winter salad is...
Grilled peach panzanella, toasted almonds and burrata
Sweet peaches, toasted almonds and creamy burrata go into this gorgeous panzanella salad recipe. Easy-to-make...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...