Baked beetroot with herby hazelnut crumb and goat’s curd
- September 2018
- Serves 2
- Hands-on time 5 min, oven time 45 min
With its earthy beetroot, tangy goat’s cheese and hazelnuts, this gorgeous vegetarian dish sets a romantic tone for a Valentine’s Day meal or date night. It also makes for a delicious, easy and Insta-worthy lunch.
Want to turn your next dinner à deux into something special? This asparagus recipe with a Middle Eastern slant is a wonderful veggie dish to share.
- Gluten-free recipes
- Vegetarian recipes
- 500g raw baby beetroot
- The juice of 2 oranges, plus zest of 1
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 300g goat’s curd
- 30g toasted chopped hazelnuts
- ½ tsp toasted cumin seeds
- Small handful of chopped fresh parsley and mint leaves
- Foil-wrap the beetroot with the orange juice and olive oil. Bake for 45 minutes at 170°C/150°C fan/gas 3½ until just tender.
- Peel and discard the skins and cut into quarters. Spread the goat’s curd over a serving plate, arrange the beetroot on top, then sprinkle with the toasted chopped hazelnuts, cumin seeds, orange zest and a small handful of chopped fresh parsley and mint leaves. Season and serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Beef carpaccio with pickled beetroot and horseradish
Andy Appleton’s beef carpaccio recipe combines classic flavours that truly complement each other. The pickled...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...