Baked beetroot with herby hazelnut crumb and goat’s curd
- September 2018
- Serves 2
- Hands-on time 5 min, oven time 45 min
With its earthy beetroot, tangy goat’s cheese and hazelnuts, this gorgeous vegetarian dish sets a romantic tone for a Valentine’s Day meal or date night. It also makes for a delicious, easy and Insta-worthy lunch.
Want to turn your next dinner à deux into something special? This asparagus recipe with a Middle Eastern slant is a wonderful veggie dish to share.
- Gluten-free recipes
- Vegetarian recipes
- 500g raw baby beetroot
- The juice of 2 oranges, plus zest of 1
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 300g goat’s curd
- 30g toasted chopped hazelnuts
- ½ tsp toasted cumin seeds
- Small handful of chopped fresh parsley and mint leaves
- Foil-wrap the beetroot with the orange juice and olive oil. Bake for 45 minutes at 170°C/150°C fan/gas 3½ until just tender.
- Peel and discard the skins and cut into quarters. Spread the goat’s curd over a serving plate, arrange the beetroot on top, then sprinkle with the toasted chopped hazelnuts, cumin seeds, orange zest and a small handful of chopped fresh parsley and mint leaves. Season and serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Beef carpaccio with pickled beetroot and horseradish
Andy Appleton’s beef carpaccio recipe combines classic flavours that truly complement each other. The pickled...