Creamy salmon pasta bake
- June 2021
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 15 min
Stretch two salmon fillets to feed four with this easy, creamy salmon pasta bake. Our budget-friendly recipe with peas and asparagus is ideal for midweek family dinners.
- 23.5g (10.5g saturated)
- 70.9g (6g sugars)
- 350g large pasta shells (see Easy swaps)
- 1 tbsp olive oil or 20g butter
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 150ml single cream (see Easy swaps)
- 4 tbsp half-fat crème fraîche
- 2 sustainable hot-smoked salmon fillets, flaked
- 150g frozen peas, defrosted
- 100g asparagus, chopped into 5cm lengths
- Finely grated zest 1 lemon, plus wedges to serve (optional)
- 2 tbsp dill, finely chopped, plus extra to serve
- 2 tbsp capers (optional)
- 50g finely grated parmesan
You’ll also need
- 22cm flameproof shallow casserole
- Heat the oven to 180°C fan/gas 6. Cook the pasta in a pan of salted water for 2 minutes less than the pack instructions, then drain, reserving a cup of the cooking water.
- When the pasta is almost done, heat the oil or butter in the casserole over a medium heat and cook the spring onions for 1-2 minutes. Add the drained pasta, cream, crème fraîche and about half the reserved cooking water, then cook, stirring constantly, for 1-2 minutes until the sauce thickens. Add the remaining ingredients and enough of the cooking water to make a light sauce, stirring to coat the pasta. Season well.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until bubbling and golden. Scatter with the extra dill and serve with lemon wedges and a salad.
Watch how to make our creamy salmon pasta here:
Easy swaps: For a lighter meal, swap the cream for chicken or vegetable stock. We’ve used conchiglioni (large shells) but you could swap these for an equal quantity of any other short pasta shape you have handy.
Next time: Try using smoked mackerel or hot-smoked trout instead of hot-smoked salmon, or for a super thrifty option try tinned salmon.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter