Cranberry and sausagemeat stuffing balls
- November 2021
- Makes roughly 24 balls
- Hands-on time 20 min
Looking for a freeze-ahead stuffing recipe for Christmas? Our fruity cranberry and sausagemeat stuffing balls can be made 3 months ahead.
Spare a little freezer room for our freezeable bread sauce.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 4.2g (1.5g saturated)
- 8.6g (4.9g sugars)
- 10 (667g) free-range pork sausages, casings removed
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 125g dried cranberries
- Good grating whole nutmeg
- Splash sherry (optional)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 6 sage leaves, finely chopped
- 2 rosemary sprigs, leaves picked and chopped
- Handful flatleaf parsley, chopped
- 50g fresh breadcrumbs (from about 1 slice of bread)
- Heat the oven to 180ºC fan/gas 6. Put all the ingredients in a bowl and season. Using your hands, scrunch the mixture together until combined, then roll into about 24 evenly sized balls.
- Arrange the stuffing balls on 1-2 baking trays lined with baking paper and bake for 35 minutes, turning halfway through so they’re evenly browned. Keep warm to serve with your roast.
After cooking, cool, then open-freeze on a tray. Transfer to a food bag and freeze for up to 3 months. Defrost in the fridge, then heat through in a hot oven to serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...