Best-ever fluffy roast potatoes
- December 2019
- Serves 8
- Hands-on time 20 min, oven time 45-55 min
Are these the best-ever roast potatoes of all time? We certainly think so, thanks to their extra fluffy filling and fresh, zesty gremolata topping – a knockout side dish if ever we saw one.
Or go for a classic with these crispy roast potatoes.
- Dairy-free recipes
- Vegan recipes
- 8.7g (0.7g saturated)
- 53.9g (2.7g sugars)
- 2kg floury potatoes
- Vegetable oil
- 75g fresh breadcrumbs
- 3 chopped garlic cloves
- A large handful of freshly chopped flatleaf parsley
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- Lemon juice
- Chop 2kg floury potatoes (we used maris piper) into chunks, put in a large saucepan with a pinch of salt and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil over a high heat, then simmer for 8-10 minutes until just tender around the edges.
- Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6. Pour 75ml vegetable oil into a large roasting tin and put it in the oven to heat up.
- Drain the potatoes, then set the colander over the pan for a few minutes to steam dry. Tip into the pan and shake it to rough up the spuds. Take the tin of hot fat out of the oven, then use tongs to carefully add the potatoes one by one, turning each to coat it on all sides. Roast for 40 minutes, turning once or twice.
- Remove from the oven, sprinkle over 75g fresh breadcrumbs and 3 chopped garlic cloves with a glug of oil, then toss to coat everything well.
- Return to the oven for 5-10 minutes until golden and crisp. Toss with salt, pepper, a large handful of freshly chopped flatleaf parsley and the grated zest of 1 lemon. Squeeze over lemon juice to serve.
Rate & review