Braised beef, anchovy salsa and polenta
- February 2017
- Serves 2
- Hands-on time 20 min
Turn leftover beef stew into a quick, Italian-style dinner with this comforting combination of tender beef, zingy anchovy salsa and cheesy polenta.
- 46.7g (18.3g saturated)
- 65.3g (22g sugars)
- half a batch of this beef and vegetable stew
- a handful of fresh flatleaf parsley
- a handful of fresh basil leaves
- 1 small garlic clove
- 2 anchovy fillets
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- a pinch of salt
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 500ml semi-skimmed milk
- 30g butter
- 100g instant polenta
- 30g grated parmesan
- In a small food processor, whizz the parsley and basil, garlic, anchovy fillets, red wine vinegar, salt and olive oil. (This makes more than you need; keep the leftovers covered in the fridge.)
- In a large saucepan, heat the milk and butter until it comes to a simmer.
- Put instant polenta in another saucepan and, stirring constantly, pour in the hot milk mixture. Turn the heat to low and keep stirring until the polenta thickens and comes to the boil.
- Add the grated parmesan and plenty of salt and pepper. Leave to bubble for 5 minutes. Warm through the leftover braised beef and serve with the polenta and salsa.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Quick Italian midweek meal recipes
Linguine with roasted tomatoes, prawns, garlic and basil
This linguine with roasted tomatoes, prawns, garlic and basil recipe makes a low-fat, easy pasta...