- July 2007
- Serves 6
- Hands on time 30 mins
German sausages don’t have to be eaten on their own. Give this bratwurst wraps recipe a go at your next barbecue.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 26.5g (10.4g saturated)
- 40.3g (2.8g sugars)
- 6 large, long Bratwurst sausages or other good sausages
- 6 smoked streaky bacon rashers
- 6 small flour tortilla wraps
- 2 tbsp sun-dried tomato paste (we like Waitrose Cooks’ Ingredients)
- Fresh parsley leaves, to garnish
- Wrap each sausage in a bacon rasher. Barbecue for 15-20 minutes, until browned and cooked though.
- Meanwhile, warm the tortillas on the barbecue for 30 seconds each side. Spread each tortilla with a teaspoon of the tomato paste, then wrap around the sausages. Return to the barbecue for a few minutes, turning to brown the wraps. Halve each wrap, stick a toothpick through to secure and garnish with parsley leaves, if you like.
Warming the tortillas briefly on the barbecue makes them more pliable for wrapping.
Rate & review