- 500g fresh tagliatelle
- 250g broad beans
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 large lemon
- 250g ricotta, crumbled
- Handful of fresh mint leaves, sliced
- Parmesan shavings to serve
- Cook the pasta and beans in boiling salted water for 4-5 minutes until tender, drain (reserving 60ml of the water), then return to the pan with half the oil.
- Stir through the lemon zest and juice, ricotta, reserved cooking water and mint. Season and tumble into a serving dish. Serve with the remaining olive oil and plenty of parmesan shavings on top.
- If you have more time, cook the beans for 1 minute, refresh in cold water, then remove their outer skins for a bright green colour and sweeter flavour.