Buffalo mozzarella with broad bean and young leaf salad
- June 2006
- Serves 4
- Ready in 20 min
This easy salad is unmistakably Italian, and is packed with tasty titbits. You could add some croutons or dry-cured ham such as Serrano or Parma ham, if you like.
Browse more fresh and zesty summer starters.
- Gluten-free recipes
- Vegetarian recipes
- 40g (18.2g saturated)
- 300g podded fresh or frozen broad beans
- 100g young salad leaves (we used wild garlic leaves, pea shoots and cress) or rocket
- 500g buffalo mozzarella or feta, broken into rough, bite-size pieces
For the dressing
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 5 tbsp cold-pressed rapeseed oil (from health food shops) or olive oil
- A little chopped fresh mint
- Blanch the beans in plenty of salted, rapidly boiling water for no more than a couple of minutes. Plunge straight into cold water and drain. Squeeze the beans gently with your thumb and forefinger to remove the tough skins (you don’t have to but they will look spectacular and be easier to digest). Set aside.
- Make the dressing. Mix together the garlic, lemon juice, rapeseed oil, mint and some salt. Set aside.
- Arrange the salad leaves, beans and cheese on plates, and serve with the dressing.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Burrata with sticky roasted tomatoes, pine nuts and basil
Roasted tomatoes and a gorgeous ball of fresh, creamy burrata...
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...