Cauliflower cheese and greens pasta bake
- January 2019
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 15 min, grill time 8-10 min
There are lots of good things about this great value cauliflower cheese pasta bake: it’s quick and easy, contains two types of cheese, is packed with calcium and it comes in at only around 65p per serving.
We’ve also got a healthier cauliflower cheese recipe, which uses less cheese and skimmed milk.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 26.1g (11.7g saturated)
- 60.1g (11.8g sugars)
- 250g wholewheat pasta
- 1 large cauliflower, cut into florets, leaves reserved (discard any tough thick stalks)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp plain flour
- 400ml semi-skimmed milk
- 250ml vegetable stock
- 100g feta, crumbled
- 100g cheddar, grated
- Splash Henderson’s Relish
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil, add the pasta and cook according to the packet instructions. Add the cauliflower florets for the final 3 minutes of the cooking time. Once the pasta and cauliflower are just tender, remove from the heat and drain well.
- Put the olive oil, flour, milk and stock in a large heavy-based pan. Whisk well to combine, then set over a medium-high heat. Bubble for 10 minutes, whisking frequently, to make a thick sauce. Stir in most of the feta and cheddar, then season with salt and pepper. Take off the heat.
- Heat the grill to medium-high. Add the cauliflower, pasta and cauliflower leaves to the sauce, then tip into a baking dish. Sprinkle over the remaining cheese, splash over some Henderson’s relish and grill for 8-10 minutes until golden and bubbling.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Cauliflower cheese soup with mustard seed and cheddar scones
Debbie Major packs all the flavour of a cauliflower cheese into a warming soup. Paired...