Cheese and chutney sausage rolls
- November 2015
- Makes 36
- Hands-on time 20 min, oven time 25 min
Make these cheese and chutney sausage rolls, with a grating of mature cheddar and any chutney of your choice, for the ultimate party snack.
Looking for something else? We’ve got over 20 ideas in our collection of sausage roll recipes.
- 6.7g fat (3.1g saturated)
- 6.6g (1.1g sugars)
Per roll (for 36)
- 400g British free-range pork sausages
- 120g grated extra mature cheddar
- 100g chutney
- 500g block puff pastry
- A sprinkle of sea salt flakes
- A sprinkle of cumin seeds
- Heat the oven to 180°C/fan160°C/gas 4. Remove the meat from the sausages, discarding the casings, and put in a bowl. Add the cheddar, season with lots of black pepper, then mix. Put the chutney in a small pan and warm through.
- Roll out the puff pastry into a rectangle just bigger than an A3 sheet of paper (about the thickness of a £2 coin), long edge towards you. Cut into thirds widthways. Lay about a 2.5cm thick line of the sausage mixture along the length of each pastry strip. Brush the mixture and pastry with the warm chutney, then roll up and pinch the edges of the pastry to seal.
- Brush the tops of the sausage rolls with more of the chutney, sprinkle with sea salt flakes and cumin seeds, then slice each roll into 12 pieces. Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden and puffed. Cover loosely with foil if the sausage rolls get too dark.
Freeze the uncooked, sliced rolls, wrapped, for up to 2 months. Cook from frozen, adding an extra 10 minutes to the oven time.
Rate & review