Cheese, bacon and pesto puffs
- January 2020
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 15 min, oven time 20 min
The easiest ever 5-ingredient cheese, bacon and pesto puffs! They’re light and flaky and you can knock them up in just over half an hour. The whole family will go nuts for these cheesy beauties!
Love pesto? We’ve got 20 more ways with the stuff.
- 29.2g ft (13.3g saturated)
- 42.3g (3g sugars)
- 320g sheet light puff pastry
- 6 tbsp pesto
- 100g unsmoked bacon lardons
- 1 large leek, finely sliced
- 100g soft creamy cheese (we used St Marcellin, but a soft goats’ cheese would work too)
- Heat the oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas 6. Unroll the pastry, still on its paper, onto a flat baking sheet, then divide into 4 equal rectangles. Spread each rectangle with 1 tbsp pesto, leaving a 2cm border of pastry around the edges, then roughly fold over the edges. Chill in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Heat a wide, heavy-based frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add the bacon lardons and sliced leek and cook, stirring, for 8 minutes until the bacon is golden and crisp.
- Divide the bacon and leek mixture equally among the chilled pastry rectangles, then top with the cheese. Bake for 20 minutes until golden and oozing. Drizzle with a little more pesto to serve. Serve with a simple side salad.
Rate & review