Mixed tomato puff tart
- June 2008
- Serves 4
- Hands on time 10 mins, plus 25 mins baking time
You can try this delicious vegetarian tart recipe with goat’s cheese instead of mozzarella. For a smart dinner party starter, make 4 individual tarts.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 375g pack fresh ready-rolled puff pastry
- 2 heaped tbsp fresh basil pesto
- 3 vine tomatoes, sliced
- 40g sun-dried tomatoes, roughly chopped
- A handful baby plum tomatoes and orange cherry tomatoes, both halved
- 125g mozzarella ball, torn
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Unroll the puff pastry, trim to a 30cm x 20cm rectangle and score a 2cm border around the edge. Prick the centre of the pastry all over with a fork, place on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Spread the fresh basil pesto over the centre of the pastry. Arrange the vine tomatoes, the sun-dried tomatoes, the baby plum tomatoes and orange cherry tomatoes on the pastry.
- Scatter the mozzarella and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Return to the oven for 10 minutes.
- Scatter with a few fresh basil leaves and serve.
Rate & review