Cheesy corn on the cob
- August 2019
- Serves 2-4 as a starter or side
- Hands-on time 20 min
Bring this street food-style dish to your next barbecue. Charred corn on the cob is brushed with butter and soured cream, then sprinkled with two types of cheese in this seriously good side.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 11.5g (5.6g saturated)
- 4.3g (1.4g sugars)
- 2 corn cobs
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Knob of softened butter
- 2 tbsp soured cream
- 2 tbsp grated emmental cheese (if you’re vegetarian, check the label to ensure it’s suitable)
- 2 tbsp crumbled hard goat’s cheese
- Pinch of chilli flakes
- Small handful of fresh coriander
- Juice of 1 lime
- Heat a griddle pan over a medium-high heat. Cut the corn cobs in half, then brush 1 tbsp olive oil over the four cob halves. Griddle for 15 minutes, turning every few minutes, until evenly charred all over.
- While the corn is on the griddle, brush with a knob of softened butter and the soured cream. Sprinkle over the emmental cheese and the goat’s cheese, then allow to melt slightly.
- Transfer to a board or plate and sprinkle with a pinch of chilli flakes and a small handful of fresh coriander. Squeeze over the juice of 1 lime to serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Smoky sweetcorn fritters with tarragon yogurt
Smoky sweetcorn fritters are vegetarian food done right – served warm from the pan with...
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...