Cheesy corn on the cob
- August 2019
- Serves 2-4 as a starter or side
- Hands-on time 20 min
Bring this street food-style dish to your next barbecue. Charred corn on the cob is brushed with butter and soured cream, then sprinkled with two types of cheese in this seriously good side.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 11.5g (5.6g saturated)
- 4.3g (1.4g sugars)
- 2 corn cobs
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Knob of softened butter
- 2 tbsp soured cream
- 2 tbsp grated emmental cheese (if you’re vegetarian, check the label to ensure it’s suitable)
- 2 tbsp crumbled hard goat’s cheese
- Pinch of chilli flakes
- Small handful of fresh coriander
- Juice of 1 lime
- Heat a griddle pan over a medium-high heat. Cut the corn cobs in half, then brush 1 tbsp olive oil over the four cob halves. Griddle for 15 minutes, turning every few minutes, until evenly charred all over.
- While the corn is on the griddle, brush with a knob of softened butter and the soured cream. Sprinkle over the emmental cheese and the goat’s cheese, then allow to melt slightly.
- Transfer to a board or plate and sprinkle with a pinch of chilli flakes and a small handful of fresh coriander. Squeeze over the juice of 1 lime to serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Smoky sweetcorn fritters with tarragon yogurt
Smoky sweetcorn fritters are vegetarian food done right – served warm from the pan with...