Korean-style sweetcorn salad
- August 2019
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 30 min
The sweet and spicy mix of fresh watermelon, sweetcorn and gochujang (a Korean chilli paste) makes this vibrant salad recipe perfect for summer entertaining.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 14.3g (2.6g saturated)
- 17.3g (10.8g sugars)
- 2 corn cobs
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp gochujang (Korean chilli paste)
- large handful beansprouts
- 440g packet of prepared watermelon wedges (reserve the juice)
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- ½ head shredded chinese cabbage
- Large handful each of fresh mint and coriander
- 2 shredded cooked chicken breasts
- 50g toasted salted peanuts
- Heat a griddle pan over a medium-high heat. Brush the corn cobs with the vegetable oil and griddle for about 15 minutes, turning, until evenly charred. Brush each cob with the ¼tbsp gochujang, then cook for another minute or so until the paste just starts to colour. Remove from the griddle, then slice the kernels from the cobs (discard the cobs). Soak a large handful beansprouts in a bowl of cold water for 10 minutes.
- Combine 1½ tbsp gochujang with the juice from a the packet of prepared watermelon wedges (reserve the wedges), toasted sesame oil
and 2-3 tbsp water. Season to taste. In a large bowl, toss the shredded chinese cabbage, a large handful each of fresh mint and coriander, the shredded cooked chicken breasts, the charred corn and the watermelon wedges. Serve on a platter sprinkled with the salted peanuts, with the dressing.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Smoky sweetcorn fritters with tarragon yogurt
Smoky sweetcorn fritters are vegetarian food done right – served warm from the pan with...
Sweetcorn, asparagus and tarragon salad with caper dressing
Use chargrilled sweetcorn from the barbecue in this summertime salad recipe, with asparagus and tarragon,...
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...