Christmas brussel sprouts with bacon
- December 2013
- Serves 4
- Takes 10 min to make, 20 min to cook
This brussel sprouts recipe –with bacon, caraway seeds and hazelnuts –makes a great Christmas side dish and is ready in just 30 minutes.
- Dairy-free recipes
- Gluten-free recipes
- 12.3g (3.1g saturated)
- 2.8g (2.1g sugars)
- 1-2 tbsp of olive oil
- 150g smoked bacon, finely sliced
- 200g brussels sprouts, finely sliced
- 1 leek, finely sliced
- 1 heaped tsp caraway seeds
- 1 tbsp blanched hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- Heat a pan with the olive oil over a medium heat. Add the bacon and fry until crisp, then add the sprouts, leek and caraway seeds. Season well and fry for 7-10 minutes, adding more olive oil if necessary, until the veg are just tender. Toss through the hazelnuts and season to serve.
Slice the sprouts and leeks into similar-size pieces so they fry evenly.
Next time, follow the whole recipe, then whisk 3 large free-range eggs with 50ml double cream in a bowl. Season the mixture, then pour over the sprouts in the pan. Cook for 5 minutes over a medium heat, then grill until the egg has set into a frittata. Slice to serve.
Rate & review