Christmas brussel sprouts with bacon
- December 2013
- Serves 4
- Takes 10 min to make, 20 min to cook
This brussels sprouts recipe –with bacon, caraway seeds and hazelnuts –makes a great Christmas side dish for four and is ready in just 30 minutes.
Browse our Christmas trimmings, sauces and sides and use the filter function to select dishes which serve the number of guests you’re expecting.
- 12.3g (3.1g saturated)
- 2.8g (2.1g sugars)
- 1-2 tbsp of olive oil
- 150g smoked bacon, finely sliced
- 200g brussels sprouts, finely sliced
- 1 leek, finely sliced
- 1 heaped tsp caraway seeds
- 1 tbsp blanched hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- Heat a pan with the olive oil over a medium heat. Add the bacon and fry until crisp, then add the sprouts, leek and caraway seeds. Season well and fry for 7-10 minutes, adding more olive oil if necessary, until the veg are just tender. Toss through the hazelnuts and season to serve.
Slice the sprouts and leeks into similar-size pieces so they fry evenly.
Next time, follow the whole recipe, then whisk 3 large free-range eggs with 50ml double cream in a bowl. Season the mixture, then pour over the sprouts in the pan. Cook for 5 minutes over a medium heat, then grill until the egg has set into a frittata. Slice to serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter