Courgette and grana padano muffins
- September 2019
- Makes 12
- Hands-on time 15 min, oven time 20 min
The perfect savoury snack, these cheesy muffins have a subtle crunch thanks to the toasted pine nuts. Enjoy them warm out the oven with soup.
Not quite what you were looking for? How about cheddar, jalapeño, chilli and sweetcorn muffins?
- Vegetarian recipes
- 11.2g (2.6g saturated)
- 14.7g (0.5g sugars)
- 1 grated courgette
- 100g grated grana padano, or vegetarian alternative
- 225g self-raising flour
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 175ml whole milk
- 1 medium free-range egg
- 75g toasted pine nuts
- A large handful of rocket leaves
- Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6. Line a 12-hole muffin tin with paper muffin cases.
- In a bowl, put 1 grated courgette, 100g grated grana padano, 225g self-raising flour, 4 tbsp olive oil, 175ml whole milk, 1 medium free-range egg, 75g toasted pine nuts, a large handful of rocket leaves (chopped) and salt and pepper to taste, then mix until just combined.
- Divide the batter among the muffin cases and bake for 20 minutes until golden and springy to the touch. Leave to cool on a wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.
The muffins will keep well for up to 2 days in an airtight container.
Freeze on the day of baking for up to 2 months.
Rate & review