Courgette and mozzarella tart
- January 2006
- Serves 6
- Takes 20 minutes to make and about 20 minutes to bake
This courgette, pepper and mozzarella tart with gremolata is a quick dish to whip up for a midweek vegetarian dinner.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 375g ready-rolled puff pastry
- 1 jar roasted red peppers in olive oil (about 100g), drained and sliced
- 200g vegetarian mozzarella, thinly sliced
- 1 small courgette, green or yellow, finely sliced
- 4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh flatleaf parsley
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- Pared zest of 1 lemon, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200C/fan180C/gas 6. Unroll the pastry to flatten it out, then cut in half. Place on 1 large or 2 medium-sized baking sheets. Score a 2cm border on each pastry rectangle, then score each border with a pattern. Prick the inner part with a fork close together. Chill for 10 minutes.
- Cover the pastry with the peppers, mozzarella and courgette and drizzle with the olive oil. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix the parsley, garlic and lemon zest together. Remove the tart from the oven and scatter the lemon and herbs over it. Return to the oven and bake for a further 2 minutes, or until the mozzarella is pale golden. Slice to serve.
The gremolata is a mixture of garlic, parsley and lemon which is added towards the very end of cooking to give a great zesty, herby flavour.
Rate & review