Courgette flatbreads with ham, peaches and burrata
- June 2021
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 20 min
Bake easy homemade yogurt and basil flatbreads, then top with courgettes, parma ham, ripe peaches and creamy burrata for a taste of Italian summer.
For more delicious ideas, take a look at our collection of the best Italian recipes to enjoy in summertime.
- 25.9g (12.5g saturated)
- 81.1g (14.3g sugars)
- 350g self-raising flour
- 300g natural yogurt
- 1 small bunch basil, roughly chopped, plus a few leaves for serving
- 1 large or 2 medium courgettes, thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced into thin rounds
- 2 tbsp olive oil, plus extra to serve
- 2 peaches, halved, stones removed and sliced
- 12 slices parma ham or prosciutto
- 2 burrata/mozzarella balls
- Heat the oven to 210ºC fan/gas 8. In a large bowl, mix the flour, yogurt and chopped basil with a pinch of salt. Knead for about 5 minutes to form a soft dough, adding a few tablespoons of water if the mixture feels dry. Divide the dough into 4 equal portions. Roll out each piece of dough to a rough 20cm circle or slipper shape. Transfer to the baking sheets once rolled.
- Top the flatbreads with the sliced courgettes and onion, drizzle over the olive oil, then bake for 15 minutes until golden brown and cooked through. Put on a wire rack to cool.
- Divide the peaches, parma ham slices and burrata/mozzarella evenly among the flatbreads. Scatter with basil leaves, drizzle with a little extra olive oil, then season with salt and pepper to serve.
Pack and go: Wrap the cooled flatbreads in a clean tea towel or pack in a lidded container to transport. Pack the remaining ingredients in separate containers and assemble just before eating.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Halloumi and pea falafel flatbreads with houmous and slaw
Try our easy DIY falafel recipe made with halloumi, peas...
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter