Sesame yogurt dip with flatbreads
- July 2007
- Serves 6
- Hands-on time 5 min, plus overnight straining
This delicious sesame yogurt dip recipe can be served as an easy lunch or as an appetiser – perfect for a barbecue.
- 11.5g (4.1g saturated)
- 42.8g (3.3g sugars)
- 500g tub Greek natural yogurt
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra to serve
- Turkish flatbreads or pittas, to serve
- Spoon the yogurt into a sieve lined with a large square of muslin. Rest over a bowl, cover with cling film and leave to drain overnight in the fridge.
- The next day, heat a dry frying pan over a high heat. Add the sesame seeds and shake around for a few seconds until lightly toasted. Tip into a bowl, cool, then stir in the thyme and a pinch of salt. Set aside.
- Tip the yogurt into a bowl and beat with a wooden spoon until smooth. Beat in the oil and a good pinch of salt. Spoon into a small serving bowl and swirl with the back of the spoon. Drizzle with more oil and sprinkle with the sesame mix.
- Lightly toast the bread (can be done on a barbecue), until lightly golden on both sides. Serve with the yogurt dip.
Rate & review