Sesame yogurt dip with flatbreads
- July 2007
- Serves 6
- Hands-on time 5 min, plus overnight straining
This delicious sesame yogurt dip recipe can be served as an easy lunch or as an appetiser – perfect for a barbecue.
- 11.5g (4.1g saturated)
- 42.8g (3.3g sugars)
- 500g tub Greek natural yogurt
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra to serve
- Turkish flatbreads or pittas, to serve
- Spoon the yogurt into a sieve lined with a large square of muslin. Rest over a bowl, cover with cling film and leave to drain overnight in the fridge.
- The next day, heat a dry frying pan over a high heat. Add the sesame seeds and shake around for a few seconds until lightly toasted. Tip into a bowl, cool, then stir in the thyme and a pinch of salt. Set aside.
- Tip the yogurt into a bowl and beat with a wooden spoon until smooth. Beat in the oil and a good pinch of salt. Spoon into a small serving bowl and swirl with the back of the spoon. Drizzle with more oil and sprinkle with the sesame mix.
- Lightly toast the bread (can be done on a barbecue), until lightly golden on both sides. Serve with the yogurt dip.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...