Creamy truffle chicken, leek and bean one-pot
- November 2022
- Serves 2
- Hands-on time 25 min. Simmering time 15 min
A handful of ingredients come together to create this chicken and bean stew for two, packed with luxurious flavours of artichoke and truffle.
Discover what to do with leftover truffle oil.
- 40.8g (12.2g saturated)
- 39.2g (3.9g sugars)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 500g skin-on free-range chicken thighs
- 20g salted butter
- 2 leeks, trimmed and cut into 1cm slices
- 3 tbsp Belazu truffle and artichoke pesto
- 660g jar white beans
- Truffle oil, to drizzle (optional)
- Heat the oil in a large deep frying pan, sauté pan or wide, shallow casserole dish over a medium heat. Season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper then add to the pan skin-side down and cook for 10 minutes until the skin is golden and crisp. Flip and cook for 4 more minutes, then transfer to a plate. Add the butter to the pan followed by the leeks. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10-12 minutes until softened.
- Stir through the truffle and artichoke pesto then tip in the beans and their liquid. Nestle in the chicken thighs skin-side up to keep the skins crisp. Reduce the heat to low-medium and leave to simmer for 15 minutes until the chicken is cooked through. Serve with a drizzle of truffle oil (if using).
This can be made fully in advance and frozen – just defrost fully before reheating in the oven until piping hot throughout.
It’s important to use jarred beans so you can also use the liquid. You can also use tinned beans but drain and rinse them, then add about 200ml chicken stock instead.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Midweek meal recipes
Griddled chicken with white beans and rocket pesto
Buttery griddled chicken breasts are served on a bed of ...
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter