Chicken with creamy pesto and broad beans
- June 2005
- Serves 4
- Ready in 15 minutes
This is a very simple, rustic recipe for chicken with creamy pesto and broad beans. The flavours of basil, garlic and parmesan in the pesto are muted by the half-fat crème fraîche and the broad beans give a freshness to the dish.
- 2 packs mini chicken breast fillets
- 3 tablespoons green pesto
- 200g tub half-fat crème fraîche
- 200g fresh or frozen (and thawed) broad beans
- Handful finely chopped parsley (optional)
- Take chicken breasts and cut each fillet in half diagonally. Pan-fry the chicken with a splash of olive oil over a high heat for 6-8 minutes until tender.
- Stir in pesto and cook for 1 minute. Add crème fraîche and bring to a simmer. Mix in broad beans and cook for 2-3 minutes, until the beans are tender and the sauce has thickened. Divide between plates, sprinkle with finely chopped parsley, if you like, and serve with boiled new potatoes.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Food stories, skills and tested recipes, straight to your door... Enjoy 5 issues for just £5 with our special introductory offer.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter