- September 2010
- Serves 4
- Takes 15 minutes to make, plus salting
A lovely, fresh side dish, this tangy cucumber and mangetout relish goes great with a roast.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 0.2g (no saturated)
- 5.4g (5.1g sugars)
- 1 cucumber
- 150g mangetout
- 3 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp caster sugar
- 5 juniper berries, lightly crushed
- 6 white peppercorns
- Handful of fresh dill, chopped
- Peel and finely slice the cucumber. Spread out in a large dish and sprinkle with salt. Leave for 15-20 minutes to draw out some moisture.
- Gather the cucumber in your hands and gently squeeze to get rid of the water. Repeat in a clean tea towel, then place in a bowl. Finely slice the mangetout lengthways and add to the cucumber.
- Warm the vinegar, sugar, juniper berries and peppercorns in a small saucepan over a low heat until the sugar is dissolved, then pour the warm mixture over the cucumber and mangetout. Mix well. Add the dill, toss to combine and chill in the fridge until you are ready to serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...