Curried eggs on toast
- January 2020
- Serves 1
- Hands-on time 10 min
Add a pinch of spice to your breakfast with these curried eggs on toast. It’s really inexpensive to make and could easily be adjusted to feed more people. Serve with big dollops of Greek yoghurt and mango chutney.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 27.8g (9.7g saturated)
- 44.3g (11.8g sugars)
- Knob of butter
- ½ red chilli, sliced
- 70g frozen peas, thawed
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 3 medium free-range eggs, beaten, seasoned with salt and pepper
- 1 spring onion, sliced
- Small handful fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 slice good quality sourdough, toasted
- 1 tbsp greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp mango chutney and/or lime pickle
- Put the butter in a small frying pan over a medium-high heat. When it starts to foam, add the chilli, peas and garam masala. Cook for 1 minute, stirring all the time. Add the eggs, then after 30 seconds turn the heat to low-medium and cook for 2 minutes, mixing now and again to make large, luscious curds.
- Stir in the spring onion and coriander, then serve on toast with the yogurt and chutney or pickle.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Fried eggs on toast with grilled peppers and aioli
Spice up your brunch game and top toasts with fried eggs, sweet peppers, creamy aioli...