Greek courgette and feta frittata
- August 2019
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 25 min
In this recipe, quintessential Greek ingredients – olive oil, courgettes, tomatoes and feta – make this frittata sing with delicious light, summer flavours. Enjoy warm, cold for a picnic or in a packed lunch.
This recipe is from The Greek Vegetarian Cookbook by Heather Thomas.
- 24.7g (7.8g saturated)
- 4.8g (4.5g sugars)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 medium courgettes, thinly sliced into rounds
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 ripe tomatoes (about 400g), chopped
- 8 medium free-range eggs
- Handful fresh dill, finely chopped
- 100g vegetarian feta, crumbled
You’ll also need…
- About 26cm ovenproof frying pan
- Heat the grill to medium. Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in the frying pan over a medium heat. Add the courgettes to the hot pan and cook, turning occasionally, for 4-5 minutes until tender and lightly golden. Stir in the garlic and chopped tomatoes and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs and season with salt and pepper. Add the dill and the courgette and tomato mixture and stir well.
- Add the remaining olive oil to the frying pan and, when hot, pour in the courgette and egg mixture, then crumble the feta over the top. Reduce the heat to low and cook gently for 8-10 minutes or until the frittata is set and golden underneath and only the top is still runny.
- Put the pan under the grill for about 2 minutes or until the top is puffy, golden brown and set.
- Slide the frittata out of the pan onto a board and cut into wedges. Serve warm or cold.
Next time, use soft goat’s cheese instead of feta. Swap the dill with parsley, oregano or Greek basil. Add some spring onions in step 2.
Wrap leftover slices of frittata in baking paper, then keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Courgette galette with manouri cheese and chilli-honey dressing
Josh Katz’s courgette galette with Greek manouri cheese is perfect...
Broad bean frittata with bacon and guacamole
This broad bean frittata with bacon and guacamole is a...
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter