Griddled Bajan spiced prawn wraps with chunky tomato sauce
- May 2018
- Serves 2-4
- Hands-on time 30 min
Fresh prawns are cooked with tinned tomatoes, veggies and plenty of spice in this quick curry recipe. Stuff the mixture into warm flatbreads, top with natural yoghurt and tuck in.
Opt for a meaty alternative with these curried chicken wraps.
- 13.9g (3.1g saturated)
- 44.7g (14.3g sugars)
- Glug of olive oil
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 1 finely chopped red chilli
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp caster sugar/agave nectar (optional)
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried marjoram
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 300g peeled, sustainable raw king or tiger prawns
- 200g finely shredded white cabbage
- 2 large carrots
- Peeled into ribbons
- Large bunch of chopped flatleaf parsley leaves
- Glug of extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ½ bunch of coriander leaves
- Olive oil
- 4 warmed tortilla wraps
- Heat a the oil in a saucepan over a medium heat. Fry the garlic with the red chilli for a few minutes, then add the red wine vinegar, a chopped tomatoes and caster sugar/agave nectar. Cook for 15 minutes until thickened. Season and leave to cool.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix the thyme, marjoram, cayenne pepper, ground turmeric, garlic powder, smoked paprika and some salt and black pepper. Add the prawns and toss to coat in the spice mix.
- In a serving bowl, toss together the shredded white cabbage, carrots ribbons, parsley leaves, a glug of extra-virgin olive oil and the lemon juice. Season to taste and add the coriander leaves.
- Brush a large griddle pan with olive oil and heat until smoking hot. Griddle the prawns for 2-3 minutes on each side until golden and cooked through. Serve with the tomato sauce, slaw and 4 warmed tortilla wraps.
The tomato sauce can be made up to 48 hours in advance. Store in a sealed container in the fridge.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Asian-style prawns with spiced herb relish
Serve this Asian-style prawn recipe at your next dinner party as an everyone-dig-in starter –...
Avocados, prawns and mango with coriander dressing
Avocados, prawns and mango with coriander dressing sit beautifully together on the plate – and...
Chilli, mint and yogurt prawn roll
This combination of chilli, mint and prawns makes for the perfect sandwich filling.