Griddled chicken with mango and red onion salsa
- January 2012
- Serves 2
- 15 minutes
This recipe proves exactly how versatile chicken can be. The mango and red onion salsa provides a fresh zingy kick.
- Dairy-free recipes
- Gluten-free recipes
- 23.9g (3.7g saturated)
- 13.1g (12.4g sugars)
- 1 chopped ripe mango
- ½ a finely diced red onion
- A large bunch of fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- A splash of red wine vinegar
- A pinch of salt
- A pinch of sugar
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 garlic clove
- In a bowl, mix 1 chopped ripe mango, ½ finely diced red onion and plenty of chopped fresh parsley.
- Drizzle over 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, a splash of red wine vinegar and a good pinch each of salt and sugar, then set aside.
- Flatten 2 chicken breasts between 2 sheets of cling film, rub with a halved garlic clove and a drizzle more of the olive oil, then season.
- Heat a griddle pan over a medium-high heat, then grill the chicken for 3-4 minutes on each side until cooked through. Serve with the salsa.
Rate & review