Ham pizza with spinach
- November 2010
- Serves 2
- Ready in 20 minutes
This easy pizza recipe with ham, spinach and mascarpone will quickly become a go-to midweek supper or weekend lunch dish.
- 1 Pillsbury Pizza Kit (from large Sainsbury’s stores)
- l small pinch of chilli flakes (optional)
- 200g baby spinach, rinsed
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 100g mascarpone
- 6 slices Parma ham
- Handful of Parmesan shavings
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/fan200°C/gas 7.
- Open the Pizza Kit packet according to the instructions. Unroll the pizza dough and transfer to a large baking sheet lined with baking paper. Spread the tomato sauce from the kit over the base and sprinkle with chilli flakes, if you like.
- Place the spinach in a colander and pour over boiling water. When wilted, drain, cool slightly, then squeeze out any excess water and scatter over the pizza base. Top with the tomato slices, then add dollops of mascarpone.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes until the base is golden, crisp and cooked through. Drape over slices of ham, sprinkle with Parmesan shavings and add a good twist of black pepper. Serve hot.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Panettone french toast with maple syrup, mascarpone and walnuts
Use up leftover panettone to make this french toast with maple syrup, mascarpone and walnuts...