Quick sticky harissa chicken thighs
- December 2008
- Serves 2
- Ready in 25 minutes
You can serve this quick chicken recipe with a crunchy dressed salad instead of the rice for an even lighter dinner that is easy to rustle up any night of the week.
- Dairy-free recipes
- Gluten-free recipes
- 1 tbsp harissa
- 1 tbsp clear honey
- 6 skinless free-range chicken thighs
- 350g pack ready-cooked Thai sticky rice
- 50g mangetout
- 4 spring onions
- Fresh coriander leaves
- Preheat the grill to high. Mix together the harissa with the honey. Lightly slash the chicken thighs and brush all over with the marinade.
- Set aside for 10 minutes, then place the thighs on a lightly oiled baking sheet and pop under the grill for 12 minutes, turning halfway, until sticky and cooked through. Meanwhile, heat the Thai sticky rice according to pack instructions. Blanch the mangetout in boiling salted water for 2 minutes.
- Drain and halve lengthways, then stir into the rice along with the spring onions, thinly sliced on the diagonal, and a few fresh coriander leaves, roughly chopped. Serve with the sticky chicken.
Rate & review