Carrot, butterbean and caraway dip
- March 2018
- Serves 8-10
- Hands-on time 15 min, oven time 15-20 min
”The brilliant orange of this dip is wonderful and the taste is gentle and fragrant. We love it topped with crunchy dukkah and served with grilled flatbread.” – Jane Muir, founder of Mildreds
- Vegan recipes
- Vegetarian recipes
- 6.6g (0.9g saturated)
- 7.7g (3.4g sugars)
- 500g carrots, sliced into 5mm discs
- 75ml olive oil, plus extra to drizzle
- Juice ½ orange
- 2tsp caraway seeds
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- ½ tsp coriander seeds
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- Pinch sugar
- 400 tinned butterbeans, drained and rinsed
- Lemon juice to taste
- 2-3 tbsp dukkah
- Heat the oven to 180°C/160°Cfan/gas 4. Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper.
- In a bowl, toss the carrot slices with a drizzle of olive oil, the orange juice and a pinch of salt. Spread over the baking tray and roast for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Remove and allow to cool slightly.
- Toast the spices in a dry frying pan over a gentle heat for a couple of minutes, stirring, until they release their aroma. Remove from the heat, then grind in a pestle and mortar or spice grinder.
- Blend the carrots and spices with the remaining ingredients, except the dukkah, in a blender or food processor until smooth. Transfer to a bowl, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with dukkah to serve.
Make up to 3 days ahead and keep in an airtight container in the fridge.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Healthy salad recipes
Roast carrot, beetroot and marjoram salad with fennel seed and yogurt dressing
Gently roasting carrots intensifies their sweet flavour. Tossed with fresh herbs and tangy dressing, they’re...