Carrot, butterbean and caraway dip
- March 2018
- Serves 8-10
- Hands-on time 15 min, oven time 15-20 min
”The brilliant orange of this dip is wonderful and the taste is gentle and fragrant. We love it topped with crunchy dukkah and served with grilled flatbread.” – Jane Muir, founder of Mildreds
- Vegan recipes
- Vegetarian recipes
- 6.6g (0.9g saturated)
- 7.7g (3.4g sugars)
- 500g carrots, sliced into 5mm discs
- 75ml olive oil, plus extra to drizzle
- Juice ½ orange
- 2tsp caraway seeds
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- ½ tsp coriander seeds
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- Pinch sugar
- 400 tinned butterbeans, drained and rinsed
- Lemon juice to taste
- 2-3 tbsp dukkah
- Heat the oven to 180°C/160°Cfan/gas 4. Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper.
- In a bowl, toss the carrot slices with a drizzle of olive oil, the orange juice and a pinch of salt. Spread over the baking tray and roast for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Remove and allow to cool slightly.
- Toast the spices in a dry frying pan over a gentle heat for a couple of minutes, stirring, until they release their aroma. Remove from the heat, then grind in a pestle and mortar or spice grinder.
- Blend the carrots and spices with the remaining ingredients, except the dukkah, in a blender or food processor until smooth. Transfer to a bowl, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with dukkah to serve.
Make up to 3 days ahead and keep in an airtight container in the fridge.
Rate & review