Honey-mustard lamb with vegetables and couscous
- July 2013
- Serves 3
- Takes 15 mins to make, 25 mins to cook
This lamb recipe with roasted Mediterranean-style vegetables and couscous seems impressive but it is easy to make with shortcut ingredients.
- 1½ tbsp Maille honey Dijon mustard
- Asda Extra Special rack of lamb joint, fat scored, or similar
- 410g Asda Mediterranean-style vegetables, or similar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, unpeeled, bashed
- 110g Asda Ready in Minutes spicy vegetable couscous, or similar
- Small handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6.
- Mix the mustard with the olive oil and a pinch of salt, then rub it into the lamb fat. Tip the vegetables into a roasting tin, add the garlic cloves and put the lamb on top, then roast for 20-25 minutes until the fat is crisp and the meat is cooked but still pink in the middle. Remove to rest for 10 minutes on a board.
- Meanwhile, cook the couscous in boiling water for 1 minute, leave to stand, covered, for 5 minutes, then fluff up with a fork. Stir the parsley through the couscous and season.
- Slice the lamb into cutlets, then serve with the veg and couscous.
Sit the lamb on top of a few rosemary sprigs on the barbecue for a wonderfully smoky flavour and aroma.
Rate & review