Asparagus and hot-smoked salmon risotto
- May 2014
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 30 min
Make the most of seasonal asparagus and combine it with hot-smoked salmon in this risotto recipe, for family meals and dinner parties alike.
- 13.9g (3.1g saturated)
- 71g (3g sugars)
- 1 onion
- Olive oil
- 800ml chicken or vegetable stock
- 350g arborio rice
- 200ml dry white wine
- 12 asparagus spears
- 200g hot-smoked salmon
- Lemon juice
- 25g parmesan
- Small handful of chopped fresh tarragon leaves
- Finely chop the onion, then heat a little olive oil in a pan and gently fry for 5 minutes or until soft. Meanwhile, put the stock in a pan over a low heat. Add the arborio rice to the onion and cook for 2 minutes, stirring. Add the wine and stir until absorbed, then add the stock, a ladleful at a time, stirring until each ladleful has been absorbed before adding the next.
- Meanwhile bring a pan of water to the boil. Trim the asparagus, blanch in the water for 2 minutes, then drain and refresh under cold water. Slice the stems into 3cm lengths, keeping the tips whole. Flake the salmon and set aside.
- Once the rice is just cooked, stir in the asparagus, salmon and a good squeeze of lemon juice. Grate in the parmesan and add a small handful of the tarragon leaves. Season well and serve.
Use smoked pancetta instead of the hot-smoked salmon, or serve this with soft-boiled quail eggs.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Slow-roast salmon with thyme risotto
This quick dinner recipe is made with slow-roasted salmon and a light, simple thyme risotto.
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...