- February 2012
- Serves 6
- Ready in 15 minutes
Homemade houmous (or sometimes hummus) is much better than shop bought and extremely quick and easy to make. Try adding different flavours like pesto or roasted peppers.
Carrot, beetroot, pea and more: check out all our homemade houmous recipes
- 23.7g (3.3g saturated)
- 6.6g (0.3g sugars)
- 0.2g salt
- 400g tin of chickpeas
- 1 garlic clove
- 1½ tbsp tahini paste (available in most supermarkets)
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 tbsp hot water
- Sweet paprika to dust
- 150ml olive oil, plus extra for drizzling on top
- Pulse a drained tin of chickpeas in a food processor, together with the garlic clove, tahini paste and lemon juice.
- With the processor running, stream in the olive oil and hot water until you have a smooth paste. Season to taste with salt, pepper and more lemon juice, then spoon into a serving bowl.
- Sprinkle with a pinch of sweet smoked paprika and drizzle with extra olive oil. Serve with toasted pitta breads.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter