- February 2012
- Serves 6
- Ready in 15 minutes
Homemade houmous is much better than shop bought and extremely quick and easy to make. Try adding different flavours like pesto or roasted peppers.
- Dairy-free recipes
- Gluten-free recipes
- 23.7g (3.3g saturated)
- 6.6g (0.3g sugars)
- 0.2g salt
- 400g tin of chickpeas
- 1 garlic clove
- 1½ tbsp tahini paste (available in most supermarkets)
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 tbsp hot water
- Sweet paprika to dust
- 150ml olive oil, plus extra for drizzling on top
- Pulse a drained tin of chickpeas in a food processor, together with the garlic clove, tahini paste and lemon juice.
- With the processor running, stream in the olive oil and hot water until you have a smooth paste. Season to taste with salt, pepper and more lemon juice, then spoon into a serving bowl.
- Sprinkle with a pinch of sweet smoked paprika and drizzle with extra olive oil. Serve with toasted pitta breads.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Italian starter recipes
Baked ‘nduja and burrata dip with olive breadsticks
Our ‘nduja and burrata dip is easy to make so, if you don’t have time...