Jersey royal and pancetta hash with chicory and maple hazelnuts
- April 2014
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 25 min
Here’s a different way to use Jersey royals. Bitter chicory and salty pancetta matches wonderfully with the fluffy potato in this quick and easy hash recipe. If you don’t have pancetta, you could try sliced frankfurters.
- 29.1g (6.4g saturated)
- 31.8g (4.4g sugars)
- 750g jersey royal potatoes
- A good splash of olive oil
- 150g cubed pancetta
- 50g skin-on hazelnuts
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- A few flatleaf parsley sprigs
- 1 tsp sherry vinegar
- 4 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- A squeeze of orange juice
- 2 red chicory
- Dice the potatoes. Heat a good splash of olive oil in a frying pan over a medium-high heat, then fry the pancetta until golden and crisp. Add the potatoes and fry, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes or until just crisp and tender.
- Meanwhile, roughly chop and toast the hazelnuts in a small pan with a little more oil over a low-medium heat. Add the maple syrup and cook for another minute or two until sticky.
- Season the potatoes, chop a few fresh flatleaf parsley sprigs, then toss through. Make a dressing with 1 tsp sherry vinegar, 4 tsp extra-virgin olive oil and a squeeze of orange juice. Halve the chicory, then drizzle with the dressing. Serve with the hash, topped with extra chopped fresh parsley and the maple hazelnuts.
Next time use sliced good-quality frankfurters in place of pancetta and chop the chicory through the hash.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...